Seminar: Sustainably integrating WASH and Nutrition
The 2-day seminar focuses on the interlinkages between water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and Nutrition. Because these are immense: Poor WASH supply leads to a cycle of disease, malnutrition and undernourishment, which affects especially young children and prevents healthy development. The connection between "WASH and Nutrition" can be defined by two causal relationships:
- WASH related infections have an impact on the nutritional status. Valuable calories and nutrients can only be insufficiently absorbed due to diarrhoea, worm infestation or a damaged surface of the small intestine.
- WASH interventions can contribute to an improved nutritional status by improving health.
The course language is German.
- Basics of malnutrition (Nutrition Conceptual Framework)
- Meaning of the "first 1,000 days", Baby-WASH
- Relevance of WASH for nutrition outcomes (Nutrition Sensitivity)
- WASH-Nutrition Strategy and Programming
- Integration of activities at different levels and in different contexts
- Monitoring and evaluation of integrated interventions
- Advocacy for sustainable policy change
After the seminar the participants can recognize the synergies of integrating WASH and nutritional interventions and are able to use them for their programmes, adapted to the respective contexts. They will be able to recognize potentials of the nexus along the project management cycle and will be able to apply concrete approaches and methods.
The target group for this seminar are employees of non-governmental organisations as well as other interested persons who carry out projects in the fields of WASH and/or Nutrition.
If you are interested in participating in a seminar or have questions about the topics of the seminars, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 30 419343-44 / -45.
Or register for the newsletter.